Changiz Sadr is a Telecommunications Engineer from Telecom Faculty of Tehran and a licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.) from Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
Changiz is also a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) from Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
Changiz is a member of several Engineering associations and societies such as Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and International Association of Engineers (IAENG) just to name a few.
Changiz has been recognized and received several professional designations and achievement certificates including Industry Excellence Award Finalist for Telecom Professional of the Year for 2008 from Authority of Telecom Management Practice (AoTMP) based in Indiana State of USA.
Changiz Sadr started his voluntary contributions through Canadian Society of Iranian Engineers and Architects (Mohandes) in 1995, which is still active. He served two terms on the board of executives of Mohandes and led the Science and Technology and Publications Committees. He just conducted a seminar for Mohandes about P.Eng. Licensure Best Practices on April 9, 2017 at the North York Civic Center, which was his fifth seminar of this subject for Mohandes.
Changiz then continued his volunteer service through PEO starting in year 2000 by joining the Willowdale/Thornhill Chapter of PEO. During his 14 years of service on the board of executives of the Willowdale/Thornhill Chapter, Changiz undertook several positions and roles with the chapter including Programs and GLP Committees' Chair, Chapter Vice Chair, Chapter Chair, and Chapter Past Chair.
His volunteer service to PEO expanded by serving on Experience Requirements Committee (ERC) in 2003, leading Emerging Disciplines Task Force (EDTF) for Communications Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) group as the Vice Chair from 2008 to 2011 and again re-joined in 2016.
Changiz ran for the PEO Council election in 2013 and got elected as the East Central Region Councillor and served for two terms (was acclaimed in 2015) until April 2017. During these four years, Changiz undertook the following positions:
- PEO Council's Liaison on the OACETT Council - 2013 to 2017
- Audit Committee member - 2013 to 2016
- Executive Committee member - 2015 to 2017
- Chair of Regional Councillors Committee (RCC) - 2015 to 2017
- Finance Committee member - 2016 to 2017
- Discipline Committee member - 2016 to 2017
- Continuing Professional Competency Program (CP)2 Task Force member - 2016 to 2017
Changiz also contributed to the settlement agencies such as JVS Toronto, Skills for Change, COSTI, ACCES Employment, and MicroSkills as the mentor for new immigrant professionals and engineers starting in 2003, which is still active.
Also Changiz served as a Coach to ICTC (Information and Communications Technology Council) for ICT (Information and Communications Technology) professionals.
Changiz Sadr has received the following awards for recognition of his voluntary contributions to the community, profession, and PEO:
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award for 10 years of service to Mohandes - 2009
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award for 5 years of service to IC Networks - 2009
- Fellowship of Engineers Canada (FEC) through PEO - 2010
- PEO Order of Honour Award - 2011
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award for 10 years of service to Willowdale/Thornhill Chapter - 2012
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award for 10 years of service to IC Networks - 2014
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award for 15 years of service to PEO - 2017
Changiz has received a countless number of appreciation and recognition certificates and pins from Skills for Change, JVS Toronto, ACCES Employment, ICTC, and PEO.